MKT 393 Internship Course
MKT 393- How does it work?
A picture from DePaul student Fernando Martinez Interned with the Chicago Tribune at the Tribune Tower
MKT 393 can help you obtain an internship and apply it for credit. You will fulfill your JYEL (ISP 250) requirement or a marketing elective.
REQUIREMENTS OF AN INTERNSHIP
- Is a majority of marketing related activities (this can include a variety of things from research to promotions)
- Lasts the full 10 weeks of the quarter (working a minimum of 10 hrs/week) for which you are taking the MKT 393 (We CANNOT approve the student for enrollment after the internship has been completed, or apply the credit to an internship that has already passed).
- Includes face-to-face supervision with a mentor/supervisor throughout the internship. We discourage students from taking all-virtual internships because it limits professional interaction.
- If unpaid, meets the Federal Department of Labor guidelines for an Unpaid Internship
How to Apply
1. Obtain an Internship (IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN INTERNSHIP SKIP TO STEP 2)
2. Apply for Approval
- Once you obtain an internship, submit the Student Application form and send your employer the employer hiring packet.
- Notify Kate Stevenson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see if the MKT 393 course is still open
- Once your employer fills out and hands in the necessary forms, you will obtain approval for MKT 393 and can add the class via Campus Connect.
3. Obtain access & register for MKT 393
- Register for MKT 393 via Campus Connect, and log onto D2L to access the syllabus.
- MKT 393 does not run like a normal class, we meet 2 times per quarter and there is independent academic work involved, including a thorough research paper about your company’s marketing efforts.