Marillac St. Vincent Family Services Marketing & Communication Intern
Applicants must be current undergraduate or graduate level students enrolled in a college or university in the Chicagoland area
Position Summary: Are you looking for a multi-disciplinary, engaging job opportunity with a historic Chicago nonprofit organization? Marillac St. Vincent Family Services Marketing and Communications Internship offers a fun and stimulating work environment, centered around our mission to strengthen, empower, and give voice to those in need. Join the fight against poverty and violence in Chicago and apply today!
Requires 6-12 month commitment
- Using an established editorial calendar, assist in developing content on all MSV communications channels including our website, digital advertising, social profiles, direct mail, email marketing and monthly newsletter, public relations, and for special events.
- Content development may include writing stories or ad copy, photography, layout and design, videography and film editing, and any other necessary creative as determined by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Optimize content for various communications channels, i.e. edit stories to be used on different platforms, format digital photos and artwork, adjust layout of a design for Facebook versus Instagram, etc.
- Assist in developing innovative strategies for leveraging new matching gifts to reach new donors and a communications plan for building a monthly donor program.
- Assist in developing and implementing a Google AdWords Grant strategy for future ad campaigns.
- Attend weekly Development and Communications meetings, monthly Marketing and Communications conference call, and at least one quarterly board meeting.
- Maintain print collateral inventory and place orders with printer when supplies are low; layout and order business cards for staff when requests are made.
- Answer requests for photos, logos, and materials from staff, Board members and press.
- Act with integrity and aspire to model Marillac St. Vincent’s Core Values in the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ideal candidate will be a junior or senior studying Communication, English, Journalism, Film and Television, Graphic Design, Marketing, Management, or Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse.
- Must be proficient with MS Office. Basic skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat, Premiere, and Dreamweaver) a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and other programming languages a plus.
You Will Learn:
- How to use content marketing across multiple communications channels to drive participation.
- How to manage and coordinate multiple projects and track progress and outcomes.
- How to leverage stories of real change and personal impact, engaging audiences to fight for an important cause.
- Accrue paid time off hours (1.5 hours earned per pay period).
- Paid holidays during scheduled work hours.
- Access to Lynda.com account for unlimited online learning and professional development.
- Intern will be provided with their own workspace complete with personal laptop.
- Ability to work from home on occasion, after short review period.
Apply on their website http://marillacstvincent.org/insidemsv/workforus.html