Akoya Capital Business Development Associate
Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Chicago, Akoya Capital is a leading independent private investment firm that invests in founder-led, lower middle-market businesses that are poised for growth. Our team of Managing Directors/Sector Leaders possesses deep domain expertise and proven experience growing middle market organizations in Professional Information Services, Industrial Manufacturing and Distribution, Consumer Foods/Products, and Specialty Chemicals. Since 2011, we have invested in 11 platform companies and 9 add-on investments, representing over $210 million in equity invested.
Most of our platform companies in our current portfolio have been sourced by our Deal Team. The Deal Team identifies platform companies through outreach efforts to intermediaries and founders/owners who wish to partner with Akoya Capital to help grow their business. We are seeking an Associate to identify deals sourced through (1) intermediaries and (2) direct outreach to business owners.
The Associate will be responsible for cold calling to generate new business leads. The Associate will be:
- Initiating outbound calls to intermediaries and business owners.
- Fostering long term relationships through ongoing dialogue and communication with owners and intermediaries.
- Drafting targeted scripts and emails as part of outreach efforts.
- Utilizing CRM software daily to track sales calls and emails.
- Building, managing and maintaining a Salesforce database with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Scheduling systematic email campaigns (monthly, quarterly) aimed at the target audience.
- “Downloading” the relevant information from the teams’ business development calls and meetings, and capturing in Salesforce.
- Participating in networking conferences and private equity events.
- 1-3 years of business experience working in a professional organization such as insurance, financial services, B2B sales, or executive search.
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in finance, business or economics) from a leading four year college or university.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- The ability to work independently with remote supervision.
- Light travel.
BEHAVIORAL TRAITS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- A willingness to make large numbers of calls before seeing results.
- A “can do” attitude and determination to make things happen.
- Proactive and action oriented, and works with a high sense of urgency. Must thrive in ambiguity.
- Learns quickly; is intellectually hungry and curious.
- Team player that understands when to take initiative and be entrepreneurial.
- Warm, friendly and approachable, relates well to all kinds of people, makes a good first impression and builds solid relationships.
- The ability to establish, build and sustain relationships resulting in new business.
- Extremely well organized and resourceful, prioritizes projects, and can work on multiple projects at once without getting off track.
- Writes and communicates effectively, adjusting discussion to fit the audience, and can strongly get a message across.
- Strives to improve the way things are done. Possess a curiosity about our sectors, and about private equity.
- Willingness and drive to manage a demanding workload, and meet highly aggressive projects goals in a timely fashion.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send resume with cover letter and include current compensation with the Subject: Associate to Liz Dominick at email@example.com. To be considered, you must send a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and why you think you would be a good fit.