Internships, Events and Info for Marketing Majors, Minors, and Employers!
Job Title: Marketing Intern
If you are looking for a challenging environment where innovation is sought and where you can contribute, thrive and have “fun” – Emtec is the place to be. We foster a culture that is inclusive and collaborative with easy access to our thought leaders that can help shape your career. Our associates have continued opportunities to learn new skills and grow professionally and we offer competitive benefits and rewards. Join our team!
Emtec, established in 1964, provides technology-empowered business solutions for world-class organizations in the enterprise, federal, state and local government, and education markets. With offices in 14 cities in the U.S., Canada and India, Emtec is big enough to address our client needs but small enough to care. Our local offices, highly-skilled associates, and global delivery capabilities ensure the accessibility and scale to align client’s technology solutions with their business needs. Emtec’s singular mission is to create “Clients for Life” – long-term relationships that deliver rapid, meaningful, and lasting business value. Our offerings span the entire IT lifecycle: from Consulting through Packaged, Custom, and Cloud Applications as well as a variety of Infrastructure Services.
Marketing Internship for Fall Semester with flexible hours – 12-40 hours per week.
Open to college undergraduate juniors, seniors or graduate/MBA students enrolled at an accredited college or university in Chicago Area.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Assist Marketing Director in promotional and client event planning
• Create and/or edit PowerPoint presentations used for sales calls
• Assist with the creation of visual design for marketing materials (brochures, sell sheets, e-Newsletters, emails)
• Prepare and/or edit copy or marketing material
• Assist in planning, writing, and managing monthly associate newsletter
• Assist with other tasks assigned by the Marketing Director and VP of Market Development
Must Have Skills/Qualifications:
• 3+ years of computer skills (Including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel)
• Minimum 3.0 GPA required
• Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communication, and Graphic Design majors preferred
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop desired
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work efficiently without constant direction
• Ability to prioritize and work in a timely manner to meet deadlines